View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #29
coronatiger

Default Session 5 (2018-12-16)

Thoughts on June 23rd

Magnar woke us expectedly after his watch ended. Olivia and I were eager to get away, so it seemed like an eternity before everyone finally had had their breakfasts. Lady Karita drank a potion. It might have restored some of her vitality, but it didn’t have any effect on her morning grumpiness.

We decided to pass by the two inns, the Mild Mole and the other one that I can’t remember the name of, with speed and silence. Magnar had to walk behind the rest of us with the mummy. We heard the animals at the inns take fright when he passed them.

When it was nearing the time to settle down for the night, Kine and I argued that the checkpoint wasn’t really that far away, so we should try to get there and hand over the mummy. The others, wanting to get rid of it, agreed. It took another four hours before we arrived there, though. And the obstinate soldiers on guard didn’t want to wake their superiors, so we had to hide the mummy a little way back before camping.

Even though the mummy was still affecting our tempers, my hunger reared its head when I heard the familiar rustle of clothes being unworn next to me in the darkness of our tent. Olivia had faced the problem before, and handled it as efficiently as ever. Sometimes, I wonder if this kind of dispassionate feeding isn’t quite as sustaining as a mutually enjoyable feast is.

Thoughts on June 24th
The inspectors were more thorough this time, and we got our five gold pieces for the mummy. But still no pat-down… I remember thinking that when I got Olivia back to the Red Mansion, I’d make sure she hadn’t smuggled anything past the checkpoint. And she’d better check me as well. Meticulously.

We went straight to the guildhall to report and get paid, and to split the loot. Then we went to the Red Mansion where we discovered that there was an empty room waiting for us. Unfortunately, it’s still early in the day, and there is so much I need to do before bedtime, so many people I need to see. I can’t remember giving Olivia’s measurements to the leatherworker, so I’ve got to do that before I forget again. But now that I’ve seen the room, dropping off all the luggage, I’m not sure I can think straight anymore. I’ll have to warn Olivia.

Unlike other sessions, we ended this one in the middle of the day, so I expect there'll be another June 24th entry.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote