View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #21
coronatiger

Default Re: Campaign Log: Chaotic Pioneering

When writing this log, I've tried to write in a way that would have encouraged my old teachers to give me high grades*, since I think it correlates with an appealing and interesting experience for the readers. (Thank you, "Jenny", for the compliments on my writing!)

But then it occurred to me that the logs are supposed to be from Mattea's point of view. She certainly has no need to impress someone with fancy words and eloquent phrases, at least in this context (evaluating the events of the day). She has IQ 10 and no points in any relevant skills (Writing, Poetry etc.)

So, dear readers, do you think the log is fine the way it is, or should I make an effort to imprint Mattea's mind pattern on it? Do you have any ideas that could help me make the log feel more genuinely Mattea-ish? I'm already spending quite some time writing the logs, and I don't want to spend much additional time on it, but if someone has any tips like "keep this in mind when writing", that would be most appreciated.

* At school, I used to get average to above-average grades, not exceptional, for my writing.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote