View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #17
coronatiger

Default Re: Campaign Log: Chaotic Pioneering

Session 3 (continued):

Thoughts on May 27th

In the morning, we gathered the villagers, and Lord Fidel read the accusation against the two women, showed the idol and sentenced them to burn. Just like that. No regret, no remorse. Just a small thing to do before we go.

The stench of burning flesh and the agonized screams of the dying followed me the rest of the day, even though we left soon after death was declared.
Some distance away from the sad, little village, Lord Fidel instructed us to bury the idol, explaining that he wanted the villagers to see us leave with it, but he didn’t want to bring it back to the city.

We ended the day at the familiar farm. I felt a little better; the friendly smiles of the farmers put some distance between us and the horrors we had been forced to witness.

Thoughts on May 28th

Today would be the day of our longed-for return to the city. As my mood had lightened since yesterday, I approached Lady Karita and asked her if she could be so kind as to give me some pointers regarding unarmed combat. She had displayed great skill earlier, fighting the small folk who had stolen the cattle, the ones I now know by the name of goblins. In return, I offered to teach her acrobatics. She looked down her nose at me, asking why in the world she would want to learn that. I responded that I had seen her attempt some fancy moves while dodging goblin spears, and thought she could benefit from some instruction. We managed to find a few minutes now and then during the trip back to town.

On return, we got our pay from the Guild. Everyone got ten gold pieces except for Olivia, who got only five, but everyone thought that split was fair, her not being part of the guild, and it was in accordance with our agreement that she would get paid proportionally to the services rendered. Karita suggested that Olivia and I should take separate watches, but I declined. I hate being alone, and wouldn’t be able to focus on the task at hand if left to my own devices. With Olivia by my side to keep me company, I’ll be alert most of the time.

I talked it over with Olivia, and we agreed that we would like to stay with our new friends, Kine, Lady Karita and Magnar. Maybe we can get a quest taking us away from the place where we are bound to run into Lord Fidel again, sooner or later. But for now, we’re happy here at the Golden Swan, with a room of our own, a loving companion, and a deliciously soft bed to break in.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote