View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 10:58 PM   #172
FlowersOfEdo

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

One question I have about the "Gizmo as Weapons" section from Supers is what would be a fair method for determining maximum effect from non-strength based gizmo-weapons? The example of building "gizmo weapons" in the section (arrows for a super-archer) use the damage from the arrows (based in part on the strength of the archer) to set the allowable point value for the gizmo effects. The text even draws attention to how upping the archer's damage would allow higher point values for the gizmo effect. But what if your weapon's damage isn't based on your strength? How would you go about setting similarly fair guidelines for the Obscure effect of smoke pellets or the Affliction of gas capsules or the corrosion damage of a mini laser torche, all stuff that Batman might carry in his utility belt and use as needed?

I have a Batman write up where I do full stats for the "major" weapons and tools, but I would be curious what people think would be allowable if someone wanted to go mostly gizmo for the utility belt weapons (since the tools are relatively easy to "gizmo-fy").
FlowersOfEdo is offline   Reply With Quote