View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #2
Polydamas

Default Re: [Martial Arts] New perk idea: Two and a Half Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Been thinking about how to make life a bit easier for players who want to play katana masters. Here's what I came up with:
Two and a Half Hands

You are a master of wielding "hand and a half" weapons. You effectively have an invisible third arm that can only be used to give you a second hand on a melee weapon that you are holding in one hand and which you could use one-handed. If a weapon has a higher ST requirement for one-handed use than two-handed use, you must still meet the one-handed ST requirement.
I think this is pretty balanced. It can be viewed as an extremely limited variant of Extra Arm (Weapon Mount), or a melee variant of the Army of One perk. Thoughts?

(Also: I might be reinventing something that's already floating around somewhere out there, which I'd be curious to know if true.)
What problem is this meant to solve? You can use a katana in one hand or two, and if you use the second hand you get benefits in GURPS.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote