View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 08:59 AM   #723
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I thought they'd be aerostats or fliers, and I could mount the hive somewhere high up on a building or something, for better radio reception. I'll start off looking for a place that's relatively out of the way. Maybe one of the swarms could be a stinger swarm for defense.

Anyway, I'll go looking for high up places where the hive would go easily unnoticed (Under the belfry of a bell tower perhaps?), then I guess I'll go climb up and stick it on with a little bit of construction foam.
Fliers will work. You didn't specify so I assumed crawlers. Sticking a hive somewhere high will work... Halcyone finds a place, and is able to climb up there... but I need a stealth roll to not attract attention.

Quote:
Maybe we could bring some construction foam too.
I haven't seen the last of this construction foam, have I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious continues his investigation...

What Clue IQ Roll - 3d6 <= 15
that's a success by 2, once adjusted... Vassarious is becoming more and more convinced of the following:
Quote:
So how likely is it that an ice shaman found a stone melder in the ice, and made a deal or thought it could be used as a weapon or maybe to inspire fear or something? Twenty-five years would be rather quick to forget how bad something is...
There has just not been any hints of other terrors being unearthed, and the knight shamans don't understand anything else well enough to unleash it in within the time.

Quote:

And will try and find out if there has been any unusual trade, or rumors in the markets.
Quote:
Well let's throw Memetics! at it and see what happens:
The rage is all for metal and food. The Rumors are all about local politics... which makes V more certain that whatever is happening, its going to be a new threat... it will be an old one. Halcyone collects much the same information at the ale-houses: New and exciting is all about politics.

Political highlights include a recent debate about building extended walls to protect against raiders, and a certain "architect Uglin" giving a speech about his order of the stone and how they should be considered a knightly order.

They meet back at about 2PM. Where will they meet?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote