View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 08:09 AM   #651
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious slants his iron wall to increase the odds of a deflection and deny them a safe clean shot from a distance (they can't really get more than three yards regardless). He also changes the coloration to paint the emperor holding up his hand... oh wow, he has ART! ... but the roll fails. The image is recognizable as the emperor, but not quite in the imperial style of the temple, and V may have a few mistakes in there.

As the wall is moving, the guards watching notice it: "What is that thing? What controls it?"

A hologram of the emperor appears: "That is my greatest foe! twisted invaders from beyond the five worlds! They seek to twist my mind to be more pliable to their requests!"

A second hologram appears: "No, I have been corrupted by the priests, and these people wish to save me! This is not worth throwing your lives away over. Think of how the emperor has behaved over the last fifty years, as opposed to the stories before that."

An immortal strides to address the holograms: "Neither of you are actually the emperor, but hollow shadows of him. One or both of you are in the possession of our enemies. I will follow the last instructions of the true emperor: I will defeat the intruders from another world. Which I believe this wall to be. Fire Away! And ignore that silly image!"

The debate has bought you another 30 seconds. 220 seconds left.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote