Thread: GURPS X-Com
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 06:26 AM   #10
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: GURPS X-Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Chrysalids would be difficult. They are fast, tough, deadly, and capable of turning humans. I mean, their unarmed attacks have a very high chance of killing the average human, suggesting damage of around 10d impaling (though they do have some difficulty penetrating armor).

Monster Hunters 5 has this covered. The Insectoids on page 32 are basically chrysalids with the serial numbers filed off and the transformation slowed down to add to the mystery. It does about 3d(2) cutting with extra attack and a nasty poison.

MH5 also has a zero point template for greys on page 30, and additional guidelines for copying alien tech on page 44.

I have to agree with the people saying to be careful and deliberate with the gear stats. You don't want to just use ultratech.

And the people who are saying that making the campaign "x-com" is not enough are also right. know the activities the pc's are and are not expected to engage in, what the chance of death is, and if the enemy will actually be "unknown", with surprises from outside the game. and let your players know these things too.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote