View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 06:02 AM   #8
Emerikol

Default Re: Extra Forms Of 'Magery'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
One thing I find strange about this approach is that Magery is a Mental advantage (ie if your mind swaps to another body, your magery comes along, while another force occupying your body does not have access to it) and it's hard to think of a mental advantage as being genetic.
Yet intelligence is without a doubt a genetic outcome. Smart people have smart babies more often than dumb people do.

So however the "soul" or "spirit" gets the improved magical ability, it may originate in early development from some genetic marker.

I would just treat the non-physical aspect of existence as something that is affected by the physical. Last I checked when I'm tired, I don't think as clearly as I do when I'm fresh so there is some connection there that matters.

As for the guy that suggested we just treat magic as magic and ignore the thinking, why? Half the internet arguments would go away if we did that and where is the fun in that. My fellow roleplayers are where I get to discuss the quasi geeky stuff I can't get a discussion for anywhere else.
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote