View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 07:54 AM   #662
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll try to dodge and drop to reduce damage:

OK, so with that armour divisor, my 7/2 DR is useless, but I am 18m away with that dodge and drop, so I only take 10.5, rounded down. Because Halcyone is a beast, that isn't even a major wound so I'm fine.
oh, so that attack is only to get the attack through V. it is not aimed at Halcyone. The explosion shows up on the other side though...

Quote:
I think I need to dodge this one separately:

That could have been bad, slow me down. Let's get up and finish this wall.
Shards of metal fly past Halcyone as she throws herself to the ground, hoping to avoid the shrapnel. As the smoke clears, it appears that she is uninjured!

Quote:
in the first few seconds of shapeshifting when the rocket hits, only a limited amount of durability would be lost, (a 10% shift per second seems most appropriate ).
Correct. I just used the stats for the wall. After the first second, the missiles will loose a lot of their ability to effect Halcyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Spoiler:  
So its a weird case. You're shifting from one large immobile form to a larger immobile form. by RAW, this happens instantly at the end of 10 seconds, but I think we both agree that gives weird results. I don't want to house-rule in a pushing method, and I don't want to give the ability to instantly encase people in yourself, so I figured bubbles made the most sense. I suppose we could just give typical 30 ton ST (ST 76, I think) for the purpose only of expanding into new 30 ton shapes.

Quote:
.... Ok, I guess there is nothing left for V to do but hopefully survive and see how it turns out.

Did V expand on both sides of the hall? you have the main group on the end that just had the missile fired, but there was also the lone immortal on the other side. Does He end up facing steel or facing foam?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote