View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
jason taylor

Default Re: [Basic] Nature versus Nurture - DX and IQ

Just to start with there is always the "road not taken" point to be considered. IQ and DX are trained to be associated with a given amount of skills and if those exist or do not exist in a culture the culture has molded the DX and IQ accordingly. For instance horse archery will do certain things to the body such as bending the legs, swelling the thumb where it fits into the ring and so on. It will also train the IQ in evaluating terrain from a tactical point of view(military history does that too by the way, sometimes when going through mountainous country I find myself thinking this or that position is where I would like to put a unit).

Scriptural and numerical cultures do a lot for information storage, but you are unlikely to find oral skills developed to a pre-literate level except on a specialized Entertainer and probably not even there.

Having a pure DX and IQ distinguished from what they are used for is impossible.