View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #135
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Thank you, how will you handle defences? In other words, if I dodge a burst of 10 laser beams, am I going to dodge them all by succeeding the roll, or am I going to dodge a number of laser beams accordingly to my margin of success?

I plan to defend like this: With a successful precognitive parry roll, I can parry beams as if I were parrying a melee weapon attack (MA:62). I have a parry of 16, and with karate I can parry twice without penalties, besides this I have acrobatic dodge, retreats and feverish defences (if you allow feverish defences). On the tactical side, with vibration sense I can perceive my enemies without facing them directly, I can scan areas while moving around the ship and pick the most convenient locations or routes during a battle. Finally, I have included a new ability to become stealthier and harder to hit (obscure) so in combination with a successful stealth roll, diversions and my ally’s photorefraction and PK shield abilities I can boost my battle proficiency even more.
I was planning on using the standard recoil and dodge rules for lasers. Letting players dodge 2 hits per success by 1 might be on the table, as laser recoil is so low.

However, for the third or fourth time: "psychokinesis cannot parry lasers". I saw that you were planning to jedi your way through the enemy early on, which is awesome, but psychokinesis can't parry lasers. I suppose ergokinesis might be able to. Ergokinesis would leave you unable to parry bullets, but those will be rarer. That could possibly focus your abilities more, with the new ergokinesis build.

In order to get precognative parry you need ESP: danger sense as ergokinesis won't work. However, if the hand blade is ergokinesis, that brings everything into two powers.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote