View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 10:41 AM   #120
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Ok, its better, but I think we still have a ways to go. I'll start with repeat observations:

Quote:
Psi Powers should have a skill associated with them. You specified karate for the attack, but the vibration sense especially needs a skill. You can make up the name ("Slowed Observation"?) and make it a hard skill, or try to justify an existing skill (like karate). See skills from psionic powers page 5 or skills for everyone on page 162 of powers.

Quote:
The primary ranged weapon on board the ship is laser weaponry, which you can't block. This was done precisely because PK users can block bullets (though traditionally they use shields). You don't have a way to block everyone else's vision. If you're not planning to block vision, why do you have vibration sense?
So to be clear, your character lacks a method for dealing with the most common attack she will face. Unless I'm missing something and you can explain it. As a note the vibration sense with sense of perception WILL let you block bullets in the dark.

Quote:
The whole build seems a little advantage heavy. You have Fit and High Pain Threshold and Eidetic Memory and Both Gunslinger and Trained by a master. Any one of those by itself adds a little color, but altogether they are eating up a lot points that are needed to beef up the attributes.
I suppose I gave you some leeway on this one last time, but you actually added more of those advantages. I'm going to limit you to only one "cinematic master" advantage: you can have gunslinger OR trained by a master, but not both. Removing others is recommended.

Enthrallment skills like persuade are not part of this game.

Navigation (land) is an exceptionally odd choice. what do you plan to use it for?

Mind Block and Mental Strength are redundant. Also, they come out of your 100 points of psi.

Resistant (Psi +8) would be part of the 100 points of psi.

The Anti-Psi package is extremely unlikely to come up. If we had a full party, there would have been an enemy psi on board. As it stands, there isn't one: they would have shown up by now.

Your resistance to ingested drugs and poisons is occasional, with a base cost of 10, not 30. You'll probably want either a +8 or a perk called something like "Conditioned to reject psi-suppressants". The perk will only work in conjunction with the resistant advantage.

On Trained by a Master: unarmed only, isn't that a modifier from MyGurps?

"Psi" is not a valid power modifier in this game. You need to pick a specific power or two, and then get your powers and perks from there. Resistant (psi) is fine without a power modifier, if you really want to keep it.
Could you explain what you're trying to achieve with that particular psi package? we may be able to get the cost way down for you.

Lets try to get fast talk up to 12, you need something to fall back on if acting fails.
I'm curious why you switched from cutting to impaling on the innate attack.
I promise you as the GM that you don't need to switch on your innate attack in order to block with it in this game.
Striking ST is 5/level, not 1.5.

Her skills are still on the low side, though they are somewhat better.

The military clerk job needs to be associated with a section. Are you part of:

Life Support (keeping track of food, toiletries, and other vital living supplies)
Transportation (tracking what hydrogen has been moved from where)

The other jobs a clerk would work are part of the morale section or the officers, and the dreadstormers don't try to infiltrate those sections (at least not until the ship is enroute). If you can think of something specific that wouldn't be part of the morale or officers, let me know.

I'm still thinking about reliable on danger sense.

A2. Hmmm.

A few setting notes before I say anything further: HITDDAR is a criminal execution program and facility with the goal of uploading minds in a quest for immortality, the side effect of immense pain and suffering on part of the subjects, hasn't made much if any progress in decades, has no military goals, and is run by a minor regional power. I don't see any resemblance between it and A2.

Jakorbi is both small and poor compared to the Quinta Republic. The relationship is like the one between panama and the US.

The only issue I see is that if A2 as described won't have trained its agents to work undercover, and that's essential to this game. Being undercover and sneaky and clever is the core of what we're doing. The core idea of "biological experiment raised by a defunct program and folded into the dreadstormers" can work.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote