View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 01:46 PM   #74
Icelander

Default Re: Getting Around Florida Quickly and Discreetly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
I looked that up but those are facilities run by one of the University's "College of Medicine" and not really satelite campuses of UF as a whole. Other states have Universities with satelite campuses but Florida's model doesn't work that way.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
It's probably finer detail than your players will ever need.
Quite likely, but it's not more detail than I need.

I like to know where NPCs have lived, how they're potentially connected to other NPCs, etc. That makes it pretty useful to know where they went to school, what they studied and where they stayed during.

So if an NPC who in 2018 is on the Penemue team of 'Night Riders' with the PCs took classes in Materials Science and Engineering at UF while he was serving in the Navy and then became a full-time graduate student at the University of Florida after he got out of the service (Caribbean Studies Specialization in the Master of Arts in Latin American Studies and then a PhD program in Anthropology), I know that he was living in Gainesville at the time.

From that fact and a couple of other NPCs with connections to UF I get that the Florida 'Night Rider' team should probably be based around Gainesville, as that's a central place in Florida and at least a third of the people on the team need to live there anyway, to attend the university, do research and/or lecture.

It's... I guess, world-building for its own sake, but that's fun to me.

Last edited by Icelander; 02-05-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote