View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 11:21 AM   #1312
mstlaurent

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by namada View Post
My big takeaway is: Support Munchkin, Support The Fantasy Trip, Support DFRPG, no support for GURPS. That's a shame for me, because GURPS (not DFRPG, not anymore anyway) is the only thing SJG makes that I actually do support.
I haven't run any RPG except GURPS since I abandoned D&D, Traveller, and every other RPG over 30 years ago. (At least until Fantasy Trip reemerged.) But the way I look at it is this: Munchkin, DFRPG, and all of the other stuff that SJG sells more of than GURPS and that takes up more of their time than GURPS: well, that is keeping the company afloat so they can keep working on GURPS in the time that they do have to support GURPS. (And it keeps a roof over Steve and Phil and everyone else's heads, which I'm happy to see as well.) So even though I don't play Munchkin, I'm very happy to see it do well and I don't begrudge it the time it takes up.

As for the Stakeholder report, I read it religiously every year, even if I don't comment. I've been an avid consumer of SJG products since the company was founded. So I'm very much a stakeholder, and I'm always interested in the health of the company, even if I don't have anything to say on it.
mstlaurent is offline   Reply With Quote