Thread: Swarm of ravens
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Swarm of ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamonster
So it takes 2 seconds to activate an innate homing attack, no matter what? What about reducing time on the Ready maneuver?
Again, this is an Aim maneuver, not a ready maneuver. But since it requires an aim first, it takes two turns. i would allow skipping the aim to make regular (non-homing) attack, but some GMs might say you need selectivity to not use the enhancement to escape it.
Quote:
Well, I'm only thinking of requiring Animal Handling because I don't think an Artillery (Guided Missile) roll is appropriate for the flavor of the ability. Of course, this is all assuming the PC is required to roll a skill in the first place. Would it be wise to leave out a skill roll altogether?
No, even with Homing, you need the skill to "Lock on" when you Aim
Quote:
I was thinking the advantage Speak with Animals could benefit the PC's ability somehow. Reduced time on the attack is obviously too powerful, but maybe a bonus to the skill roll to activate the attack (not the Aim) if I need a skill roll on the Ready maneuver at all.
Well, it's your game, do what you want! By RAW there's no support for doing this, but who cares, it's your game!
Quote:
Oh! So, what skill roll does an ability like this with Emanation need?
Also, what does Emanation do for RoF and Recoil stats? Is the attack still ranged at all?
Emanations are just zero range area effects. they still have normal RoF and Rcl, but the range is 0 for the placement of the center of your area.
Quote:
I thought Bombardment meant the attack doesn't automatically hit everyone in the area of effect. I was thinking of using it to replicate individual raven attack rolls on each enemy. Doesn't Emanation automatically hit everyone in the area of effect with one successful attack roll?
Neat! Thanks.
Sorry, I was confusing Bombardment with "Overhead". Yes it hits everyone, unless they leap out of the area.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote