Thread: Swarm of ravens
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
Seamonster

Default Re: Swarm of ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker
The power takes 1 second and the aim is a completely seperate action required by the enhancement. The only way to reduce your time here would be ATR (altered Time Rate), there is no way to put reduced time on your Aim Maneuver, and it's certainly explicitly forbidden on attacks, regardless of modifyers
So it takes 2 seconds to activate an innate homing attack, no matter what? What about reducing time on the Ready maneuver?

Quote:
This is certainly not required, but if you want to include it that's okay... If the character has Speaks With Animals, I suppose you could have him say "get him!" and make a reaction roll...(though this shouldn't be needed unless he's also taking "Fickle."
Well, I'm only thinking of requiring Animal Handling because I don't think an Artillery (Guided Missile) roll is appropriate for the flavor of the ability. Of course, this is all assuming the PC is required to roll a skill in the first place. Would it be wise to leave out a skill roll altogether?

Quote:
I see no reason why having animal handling would impact the time it takes to Aim.
It shouldn't. I was thinking the advantage Speak with Animals could benefit the PC's ability somehow. Reduced time on the attack is obviously too powerful, but maybe a bonus to the skill roll to activate the attack (not the Aim) if I need a skill roll on the Ready maneuver at all.

Quote:
Yes, if they can only attack in a radius around him, that's emanation all right. But to target an area with you at the center you don't need homing at all...You're not going to miss attacking your own area.
Oh! So, what skill roll does an ability like this with Emanation need?

Also, what does Emanation do for RoF and Recoil stats? Is the attack still ranged at all?

Quote:
Bombardment just makes it come from above (or another vector) instead of from the attacker in a straight line... This is cool, but area effect renders it "already covered" as it's from all angles if you're in the area of effect.
I thought Bombardment meant the attack doesn't automatically hit everyone in the area of effect. I was thinking of using it to replicate individual raven attack rolls on each enemy. Doesn't Emanation automatically hit everyone in the area of effect with one successful attack roll?

Quote:
and Yes, if you don't have Selective Effect, your friends will get munched equally with the bad guys.
Neat! Thanks.
Seamonster is offline   Reply With Quote