View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #2
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: [Space] Help With an Exotic Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinumon View Post
I figure each stage will essentially be its own racial template, with all but the last stage having the Unaging advantage. That being said, I don't know how to model the ability to effectively be able to switch racial templates, but only a limited number of times and only in a specific sequence. I also figured that transitioning into the final stage would essentially start at age 70, and am unsure how this might be modeled or how much that would be worth.

I've thought about heavily limited Alternate Forms or simply as perks or perhaps 0-point features, but I'm curious as to what other people think.
It's a cool idea! I think your thought of Alternate Form is the right way to do it. Specifically, limit the base 15 points of Alternate Form with the "one use only" limitation, which divides the cost by 5. Since transforming back to your previous form also counts as a "use" of Alternate Form, making it one-use-only means it's a one-way transformation. As long as the new forms don't cost more than the template for the previous form, each form they go to will only cost 3 points. If the new form does cost more, they'll have to pay the difference in template cost - remember it will be the full cost of the template difference, not 90%, because these effectively have Once On, Stays On.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote