Thread: GURPS Zombies
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #52
panton41

Default Re: GURPS Zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
Your review of the book is piquing my curiosity. I may add this one to my wishlist, if nothing else, for the mechanical aspects of it. The Build-A-Zombie section sounds interesting, depending on whether or not it's just for zombies or for pretty much any corporeal undead. Color me interested now.
I've not read it word for word but I hesitate to say it's primary focus is zombie-like undead - so not so much vampires, litches, etc. but there is plenty to work with for semi-intelligent undead (like from Evil Dead). It does give a good overview of what traits you might see in any kind of corporeal undead so with some work you could make it fit. I imagine actual folklore based vampires would be trivial (they're little more than zombies really) but the modern take of an intelligent being with amazing powers less so.

Like I said in the review, what I hope to see grow from this would be official worked-examples that could provide drop-in frameworks that fit up well with certain popular zombie settings (like "Walking Dead" or "Left 4 Dead" with the serial numbers filed off).

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote