View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Arawaen

Default One of my alien designs

I am dusting off a shelved project for a variant Trek type campaign. The first difference I went for was to make the humans the new kids on the block. We join an already existing and flourishing intergalactic society rather rather than being one of its pillars. I created five (and then bumped it up to six) major alien species that were the cornerstones of this intergalactic society, though numerous other species were members.

Four of the six species are humanoid (I find humanoids easier to work with, all my non-humanoid alien designs have turned into quagmires of trying to figure out how the tech or biomechanics work).

At the time I was thinking about how much energy humans devote to our sex and romance, its in our songs, our advertising, our fashion design, etc. so I aimed for very different sex drives for some of the aliens.

Anyway, the other day I posted a question regarding Starships and one of my alien designs, so I thought I would share the alien as well.

They were given the placeholder name of Chibi until I came up with a better name, it stuck or a better name never came along. They don't have Chibi proportions so not sure why I ever labelled them as such.
Arawaen is offline   Reply With Quote