Landwalker

Default Re: GILBERTO REVISED LOW TECH WEAPONS TABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertocarlos View Post
Yes, it is at the boring huge text.
Ah, so it is. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertocarlos
If a rule gave +1 damage, translate that into *1.2, if it gave -1, translate that into /1.2
Can you give an example, just to see the math in action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertocarlos
I want to make long fencing weapons poorer at parry in comparison to short fencing weapons, but don't know how, any tips appreciated.
Why would longer fencing weapons, which have more parrying surface, be worse at parrying? If the rationale is that they're heavier, then I don't think that penalizing their parry relative to lighter weapons is necessarily the right way to go (since you could then make the same argument for a knife being better at parrying than a broadsword). I'd prefer to use the Matter of Inches rule from MA.110 — there's no difference in parrying, but lighter fencing weapons (and smallswords in particular) have the edge when it comes to making and resisting feints. This gives the lighter weapons a one- or two-point advantage in any combat that is feint-heavy... which has the indirect effect of improving their parry ability against attacks the follow a feint (and also improves their attacks when made immediately after making a feint).
Landwalker is offline   Reply With Quote