View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 11:32 PM   #1
Carpus

Default Rick and Morty Songwriter Class

First of all, this is my first post and I would like to say how much my friends and I have LOVED to play this game since the moment we found out of its existence. We can't get enough despite the very heated arguments and betrayals we have with each other. Can't wait to play more!

That being said, some arguments we have (despite my girlfriend and I being the owners and having the final say) don't get resolved. We understand each other's points being made but cannot come to an agreement on what the actual meaning is. I will be posting more of these arguments when I remember which ones we always argue over are (and can't find them already answered) but for starters here's the biggest we argue over when playing the Rick and Morty version:

When a card (one shot, item, anything that gives a + bonus) has an effect that increases the bonus, does songwriter increase the total bonus given by the card or only the original bonus stated at the top?

For example:
I used a Mr. Meeseeks one shot during an opponents combat which gives an original bonus of +3. The effect on the card states "You may discard up to three additional cards when you use this card, each for an extra +3." After it is played, i discarded the 3 cards for an extra +9. Then I used the songwriter class effect to "make up a rhyme for a one-shot item to double its bonus." Does that increase the total value to 24 bonus ((Original 3 + 9 effect) * 2 songwriter) or is it only 15 ((original 3 *2) + 9 effect)?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to reading what you have to say!
Carpus is offline   Reply With Quote