View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #15
Clipper

Default Re: Whine At The GM on a Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleydotes View Post
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?p=729558

Granted it was back in the stone age days of 2009, but Erik already has ruled on this.

Pat
Ah, thanks. He rules in that thread that the player pays any cost associated to the GUAL. That is different to the ruling that Erik thought he had given according to his post in this thread, but we can stick by that.

It does leave some questions up for interpretation, though. I'd like to see if my interpretation of Erik's ruling in that 2009 thread are correct...

I assume the player, if he pays costs, also makes any choices provided on these cards. Thus, the player of the card would choose the Steed to be killed if he plays Kill a Steed on an opponent.

Switch Character Sheets is another interesting one. If we apply the payments and so on to the player, then this once can't be played by the highest level player on anybody, but it can be played on the highest level player by somebody of a lower level.

Get What You Deserve and Fugu are interesting ones. I assume the player is the one that rolls the die now. The way I understand Get What You Deserve would be to roll a die and:
  • on a 1, the player of the card loses a level
  • on a 2-5, the person the card was played on goes up a level
  • on a 6, the person the card was played on goes up two levels
Which makes its usage much less Munchkinly.

And finally, I'm not sure what to do with the 'get a thingy from the discard pile' type GUALs like Hurt GM's Brain. If a player plays this on another Munchkin, can the player then choose to give the other player a thingy card of the player's choice from the discard pile? I guess there's another interpretation, though. Alternatively, given the wording on the cards, I guess these cards might be meant to be treated as Special One-shot cards instead of GUALs when played in this fashion, and you can't play Special One-Shots on another player, solving the problem.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote