View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
doulos05

Default Re: The Voyages of "The Hiawatha" [Hero Class] : GURPS Traveller

Captain Moon keyed the comm, "Ember Traffic, this is TSS Hiawatha, requesting permission to jump. Destination Prometheus, Estimated return is unknown."

"Roger, Hiawatha. Please be aware the Saeilim Varitsa has requested clearance to jump and you will be cleared once they are away."

"Roger, standing by." I've heard that name before... Moon thought to himself. Enlarging the sensor screen, he pulled up the sensors and conducted a quick passive scan of the vessel before it jumped.

Passive Sensor Roll. (3d6=8)

[OOC]I assume they are in broadcasting mode (since it's illegal for them not to be), which is +30.
Additionally, passive scans get:
+16 for Model-1 Sensors
-6 for being passive
+Target's SM
+4 because I've detected them before
-2 (I'll assume I'm scanning them from their rear arc, in which case their knife-shape gives me a -2
- Range Modifier.

My Elec. Op (Sensors) skill is 14, so I'm reasonably confident I got a "detection and identification" (success by 5 or more), which should allow me to pull up the ship's hull class, dtons, and stats for a (factory original) version of the ship, provided someone in the Terran Merchant Marine has encountered a ship of this class before. Additionally, I'd think since it gives me an image, that visible things such as turrets should be detectable. Since it's completely passive, they should have no way of knowing I've done it.[/OOC]
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote