View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
McAllister

Default Re: Stacking Preparation Required Limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdvana View Post
I'm curious if anyone else has ever considered this...

I am considering building a trait with Preparation Required, Weakened without Preparation and Immediate Preparation Required stacked on top of each other and am wondering if the below combination would be legal.

Weakened without Preparation (-90%): Power works at 50% efficiency if you have eaten meat (or plant*) material in the last 8 hours
Preparation Required (-30%): Must meditate for ten minutes before the power can be attempted**
Immediate Preparation Required (-30%): Must sing for at least a minute while activating the power before it can take effect

* This is an either/or situation. If I were putting that into a trait it would be only one or another.
** And I'm assuming that if a Meditation skill roll was needed this could allow a Requires (Attribute) Roll shifted to a skill roll in addition to any Requires (Attribute) Roll needed to activate the power.
I think these are actually Trigger (Eat specific thing), Preparation Required (ten minutes), and Takes Extra Time 7. If something doesn't take a specific amount of time (like eating meat), it's not Prep Required, and if it needs to immediately precede the ability, it's Takes Extra Time.
McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote