View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #96
coronatiger

Default Session 24 (2019-09-14)

Thoughts on January 18th

While I was preoccupied with the shows, someone had arranged for a ship to take us down the coast to Urdon, and we boarded after a late breakfast. Lady Karita and Va’lyndra brought out their books, and I took that as a signal that it was study time. I practiced acrobatics, of course, and had great fun in the riggings. The view from on top of the mast was incredible. I only wish Olivia had the stomach to join me up there. And the skills, I guess; it wasn’t an easy climb, nor was it child’s play to keep steady on the swaying mast.

Thoughts on January 19th

I had another day of fun in the heights, and watched the sunset with Olivia; I was sitting on the railing and she was holding me so I wouldn’t fall in the water. There’s nothing wrong with my balance, but I appreciated her enveloping arms, so I said nothing. We remained there until a whiff of Lady Karita’s smoke hinted that it was time to go to bed. “I’m going to make you squeal,” I promised Olivia in a hushed voice. “You’ll do no such thing,” snapped Lady Karita out of the darkness. Something in her voice made me think that doing one night of abstinence would be prudent.

Thoughts on January 20th

I was pleasuring Olivia this morning when Lady Karita shrieked my name. Fearing serious repercussions if we kept going, we aborted our quest for ecstasy, got dressed and went up on deck. Olivia dictated exercises for me, trying to get my mind off what I was denied. When Lady Karita came up, she upbraided me thoroughly for disturbing her sleep. She was in a really bad mood all day.

We disembarked an hour south of Urdon and made camp. Everyone tiptoed around Lady Karita, and I made no overtures towards Olivia; we didn’t even fully undress for bed.

Thoughts on January 21st

I was pretty desperate this morning, but Olivia didn’t want to risk bothering Lady Karita while she was in this foul temper, so I got nowhere with her. I wouldn’t dream of forcing myself on her, and I still had enough clarity of mind not to try to seduce Ilzo.

We traveled east. Ilzo handled his horse well enough, so we didn’t lose time because of him. Nobody was in the mood to speak, so we rode in silence. At lunch, Lady Karita made a racist comment about elves, and Va’lyndra got mad, yelling back profanities and demeaning high humans. It nearly came to blows, but they were level-headed enough to keep the altercation verbal only. They calmed down by evening.

By bedtime, I had had all the abstinence I could handle. Olivia recognized the signs and took me to bed, Lady Karita be damned. The high human, fortunately, had gotten over whatever had riled her up in the first place, and didn’t interrupt.

Thoughts on January 22nd

For some reason, we decided to camp outside, even though we were going to pass the occasional inn during our journey back east. As usual, we have a night watch, and as usual Olivia and I get the last watch. I must admit that I didn’t pay very much attention to our surroundings; what Olivia had hidden under her dress was much more enticing.

There is a road that goes all the way from Urdon to Surd, so unless we get snowed in, we should be able to make great speed. The first part of the road goes through the so-called Bewitched Forest, near the northern edge of it. We’ve encountered a variety of hazards in these woods before, but saw none today; I guess we’re too close to civilization. When we leave the forest in a day or two, we just have to cross the Grand Plains, and then we’ll arrive at Surd.

Now that Lady Karita’s mood is back to normal, it’s possible to have a pleasant ride.

Thoughts on January 23rd

We had another pleasant ride, today. I practiced balance while we traveled and steadied myself on Olivia during breaks.

Thoughts on January 24th

This was yet another uneventful day of traveling. I guess I should be thankful, as the alternative would be some kind of unpleasantness bursting out of the shrubbery or sneaking into our tents at night.

Thoughts on January 25th

We left the Bewitched Forest behind this morning. The Grand Plains spread out before us, and it looked like we should be able to see all the way to Surd. When Olivia and I journeyed west last year, we went by river barge on the Grand River most of the way. We met Magnar and Kine on that barge. We only knew them for a few months, but we became good friends. I miss them. Adventuring is dangerous business.

Thoughts on January 26th

The monotony of the Grand Plains made my mind wander. The sponsors had said that unlike most humans, I was affiliated with Chaos. I wondered if that is what caused my condition, this urge to explore every new pair of trousers I encounter. Or maybe my condition and the lifestyle that came with it was the reason I became affiliated with Chaos. The sponsors hadn’t specified how long I had been chaotic. I pondered this conundrum for most of the day. Olivia had no insights, but compared my enigma to the chicken-and-egg riddle. I had no solution for that either.

Thoughts on January 27th

We came to a cross in the road and turned east, having traveled generally north-easterly so far. The road going north-west led to the Iron Mountains, where Tamburin had invaded with their western army.

Thoughts on January 28th

Va’lyndra was up and about when Ilzo woke Olivia and me for our watch early this morning. I suspect she’s having trouble sleeping again. It’s not our fault; any noise coming from our tent has long subsided when her watch is over and it’s time for her to go to sleep. We do try to keep it down, though. Lady Karita’s tent, although on the other side of the camp, isn’t that far off.

Thoughts on January 29th

Va’lyndra was red around the eyes this morning. I guess she didn’t get much sleep last night. When we set off, I tried to be a little more alert than usual, in case Va’lyndra yawned and missed something. My resolve lasted for about half an hour. Then I started acrobatics practice.

Thoughts on January 30th

We got off to a late start this morning, as we didn’t want to wake Va’lyndra, who finally seemed to get a good night’s sleep again. I performed for Olivia, Ilzo and Lady Karita, and when Va’lyndra got up, for her too. Some people heading in the other direction stopped to watch as well.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote