View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 10:10 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Psionics] Worldline Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
If you bought 50 points worth of basic strength, but was told when jumping to a new world, "I'm sorry, but no one's stronger than a 9." wouldn't you feel cheated?
A limitation to an advantage's usefulness should come with a discount. How much of course would be setting dependent and on just how common PCs will encounter the downgrade.

I agree.

On the other hand, Psionics already has a couple of built-in limitations, and you should use those. Other psionic powers and psychotronics interact with it. Either of those could be within reach of some zoneminds, with Brisbane leading the pack, as usual. Psychotronics are probably more likely, though zone Denver might have a few surprises in in terms of having psionic powers.

You can also place psionic features in your landscape. This works better for telepathy than TK, but imagine a world that has a psychic scar over an old battlefield that causes pain to anyone with powers who walks over it.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote