View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 02:13 PM   #66
SolemnGolem

Default Re: Meteoric iron immunities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Something I failed to consider before - if it's a highly-condensed plasma or similar, once you have it away from the star it's probably going to expand violently, essentially exploding. I'm not really certain what the best way to deal with that is. Perhaps have a disposable servitor do the work inside of an orichalcum sphere? Said sphere is probably going to blast into the air when the meteoric iron is pulled through, so you'll want an Utter Dome or similar over it.
I was thinking something similar - plasma is even more sparse (diffuse?) than a gas, so if the desired end state is a metal, then you'll likely need a significant cooling-down intermediate step. Maybe funneling it through a charged vacuum, then through a solid cooling chamber to get it as molten iron for shaping.

You'd also probably need a much larger volume of plasma to eventually constitute a much smaller (and denser) volume of solid iron metal.

One other consideration is whether or not it's important to replace the meteoric iron thus removed, although the actual removable mass would be negligibly low.

Perhaps the dungeon supervillain is the equivalent of a Crosstime Conservationist from the Infinite Worlds. "Whatever you mine from the dead cosmic future, make sure you replace with an equal mass from our Universe's spacetime!"
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote