View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #49
Hide

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...) Gonna need your revelant rolls for the camp routine before I roll for random encounters.
Bain will roll soldier (12) to help set up the camp, if needed.

I believe Gottfried and Vic have the survival skill (and they might have a higher SL). If they decide to roll, I would like to lend them a hand to improve the rate of success.

Bain is taking extra time for the following skills:

Checking the area for potential threats using tracking (12+1):
For example, bears scratch nearby trees to mark their territory, creatures leave footsteps near the river to drink water and goblins could use the river as a shortcut to assault adventures.

Setting up traps (12+1), these will be placed about 8 yards from the camp, this will stop the threats and Bain will be able to see, and daze them with his perk and to hit them with his bow.

Bain lights the campfire using his ability,
This fire is peculiar, burning blue and green.
He sits in front of the fire and waits for the party to gather, he looks reflexive. Then he speaks:

I recall the sergeant mentioned the “goblin-waters” when he talked about The Caves’. I bet the name is not for show. I suggest we keep at least 60 yards of distance from the river, this will help us avoid immediate contact and reduce our exposure to the elements.

We should keep our weapons close as we sleep.
Goblin-kin can fight in low light environment, be careful.

Watchdog is a useful spell, but stay vigilant.

After having dinner, and probably having talked with the rest of the party, he goes to sleep.
Bain sits and lays his back on his "backpack", ready to stand up quickly; provided the deep-sleeper perk will help him rest properly.