View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 09:48 AM   #1315
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Tym-Burzu twirls a javalin: "So you can't completely control it? We will take care of your belongings if you leave. And won't have Yal-Pona try to track you down. You will have to forfeit that celebratory meal though! Though we will still owe you a meal of some sort..."

Peter perseveres in the tracking. It takes all day, with sometimes Goliath loosing the trail, and sometimes Peter, but together they make it, finding the creature at the end... an enormous bird with an even larger beak.

His companions assault it, and the animal charges them. The gods seem to revel in this choice, and the animal is slain in combat rather than hunted.

Pal-Ursta: "Hah! that was worth the hike! A beast worthy of slaying. Or is it fowl worthy of combat?"

Tym-Burz: "Its a good kill. That's heavier than all but the largest of men. I hope Peter here stays with us, just to help us carry everything! We will owe you a feast for this kill!"

Peter dresses the bird. He's dressed birds before, and one or two large game, but never a 300-lb bird. Goliath is excited to get the entrails... though some of the entrails are "preserved".

They won't be able to get to the divine village before nightfall. Peter is asked to take the first watch. The gods seem intent on just "toughing out" their camping situation. Peter can get a modicum of comfort (his survival roll grants him two of "comfortable", "concealed" and "good lines of sight")

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote