View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #11
sonic232

Default Re: Alternative Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
However, Wildcard skills are very broad. If I want two (A) skills at DX+5, that could cost me 40 points? (IDHMBWM) There's no Wildcard skill that's going to cover two melee skills, for melee use and melee use only. Under my proposal, it would cost 25 points, which I think is fairer. The downside is that you'll have to take a second to adjust when you pick up a new weapon, but I can live with that.
That's what Buying Skills at Default allows. Buy one skill up to a decent level for, say, 16 points. Then pay only 4 points for other skills that can default off of it at a starting level of their default off that skill + 1 (In a lot of cases, this will end up being Base Skill - 1 or Base Skill - 3).

Let's use Broadsword and Shortsword as an example. Both are DX/A skills, so they start at DX - 1 and default to each other at Skill - 2. So let's build Broadsword up to DX + 3 for 12 points. This makes your Shortsword DEFAULT DX + 1. For 4 points (the difference between DX + 1 and DX + 2 for an Average skill), you just bought yourself Shortsword at DX + 2.
sonic232 is offline   Reply With Quote