View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #35
pup67vargr

Default Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
I like the space genre, but know only a little about the Traveler setting. I will watch this game with interest, and might be able to play a crewmember if it was one that didn't require much setting knowledge.

Maybe a dedicated Gunner or a "Face" type character, depending on how the players of petty officers #1 and #2 go with their builds? Both of them seem a bit overloaded with tasks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
Dorin, setting knowledge in this time period is actually not an issue, provided you're from Earth and we spend most of our time in the Imperium.The biggest thing you need to know is, we're in an uneasy peace between Earth and this massive Imperium we've just encountered. Maybe your character is a captialist whose objective is to make a buck and spread the gospel of capitalism to the crazy, planned economy Vilani. Makes a good party face, given your skillset, and it explains your lack of knowledge of the setting.

We can split my secondary in half, with my guy specializing in Cargo handling and yours specializing in passengers and locating said cargo
Let's hold off on adding another character for right now. Sorry, Dorin, but I'd like to get started with what we already have. Maybe later on, said Petty Officers will decide that they have too many responsibilities and put in a requisition for some help. Your "dude" is guaranteed to be hanging out in whatever Class IV or V StarPort is nearest to the Hiawatha when said request is made. Think you would/could be happy with only one character (and an enlisted type at that!) when the others have two apiece? And about being overloaded, I don't expect that there is going to be much call for a gunner, ordinarily. The only weapons you're likely to have at least at first are sandcasters and missiles, which are both pretty much 'fire-and-forget' weapons anyway. And I was hoping that one or both of the captain and first officer would at least be SEMI-'faces.' So, by all means, continue to watch the goings on here and in our IC thread, and even make OOC comments in the OOC thread when you have something to say. Let's all try to keep the OOC chatter in the OOC thread as much as possible, and keep the IC thread dedicated to actual game-play, please? (I'll probably be the worst violator of that rule, though!)

And Rasimus these sentinments apply to you as well. Are you also interested in an 'alternate' position in case we need a replacement later? There may be one or more opportunities for both of you, Rasimus and Dorin to join the action a little later on. I truly appreciate the interest that both of you have shown, and it hurts me more than I can say to spurn willing players. I ask your forgiveness and you patience, please?

Last edited by pup67vargr; 08-04-2011 at 11:09 PM.
pup67vargr is offline   Reply With Quote