View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 09:07 AM   #21
Fred Brackin

Default Re: The Skills that define a TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
If I understand your question,

you are looking for the list of 5 skills that are "most needed" to understand the signature technologies of each TL ?

*And you are assuming that the TL 12 guys would keep a library of lower /TL Instaskill Nano ... which I think unlikely.
1. Not exactly. I might be looking for the 5 skills that are most fundamental to understanding the overall underlying paradigm of each TL.

2. These are the Metalunans who have been working to raise human intelligence and knowledge ever since they first built a space habitat above and beyond the Moon lo these many millenia ago. Their Racial Template would include +4 IQ from gengineering, +3 IQ from Brain Tissue Grafts, +3 IQ from Cognitive enhancement implants and, a boatload of other Ads defintely including Unaging. With unlimited time they raise their IQs to 29 and then develop at least 1 pt of Special Training because a 30 is so much neater. After they do all that absorbing all prior human knowledge is only the beginning.

In other words, they're not Eloi.

If it helps, consider this a campaign that will center around The Last Earthperson who found themselves in a literally post-human future when they appeared in somethng the Metalunans called a "Probabulity Cauldron". They wouldn't or couldn't explain what that was except to say "No. You can't reverse the polarity.".

As compensation for this "oopsie" they help him adapt for a life beyond Metalunan society in a galaxy of at least TL11^. Besides the TL upgrade they will furnish him a cool-looking atarship and a faithful cybernetic companion. This might take them all of 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm not sure where the feisty catgirl comes from but there will defintely be one.