View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 08:30 AM   #116
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll present a reasonably accurate picture from my research earlier, peppering it with anecdotes the same way I did with Thelo earlier. With regard to confidence in the emperor, I'll say:
"More or less. Some people find it quite odd that the Emperor is staying asleep for so long, but they tend to keep to themselves about it."
"So they're suppressing any worries with public pressure. Hmmph"

Quote:
How was dinner? Is food on Verdaze as awful as they say?
The food is better than the military stuff you've been eating. But this is a fairly exclusive place mostly frequented by the brass: you get leftovers from the kitchen to eat on the way to the hospital. Its good food, if a bit greasy.

Quote:
Alright; I think it should pretty simple. We'll have one of us with the General at all times (to keep him safe in case something happens), and another wherever the General will be next (to case the area for potential threats). I'll volunteer myself to case ahead, though the general has the final say. In either case I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

That's what I needed to know.

As you are sweeping ahead, a man in a hospital bed with several bandages and covered in wires and tubes suddenly sits up and points "Its Her! The woman to watch for! The tentacled herald of beyond! You found me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
From what Vassarious sees here, can they guestimate where a power source might need to be?
At least some of the priests are trained in this architecture. You don't know if any of them are present. On the other hand, the location of the power source is simple: its the very center of the complex.

Quote:
The angel cocks her head so very minutely that only the very observant would notice the body language.

"Pay that no worry. A person cannot be expected to know everything. I'm sure I can find it... or perhaps there is someone more knowledgeable?"
The Guiding priest bows his apology. "We have no expert here. Would you allow us to fetch an architectural expert?"

Vassarious's danger sense is tingling. They have no intention of letting her anywhere near this power center, and she's shown herself to be a threat somehow. She expects a fight soon.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote