View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #79
andreww

Default Re: TFT Helper - beta test of app

The two problems with characters beyond 32 points are 1) not all those talents and spells are actually implemented. Unarmed combat is, but many won't be. 2) and more importantly, the adventure and arena are sort of balanced for 32 point characters. The plan was for a simple adventure to help people learn the system, and then it slowly got out of hand. The arena, for example, was more or less invented to test combat, but then I thought, why not? It's fun, let's try to clean it up and keep it.

If I had time the Arena could allow overpowered characters, warning you about talents and spells that won't work, and allowing you to challenge only powerful foes - bears, trolls, giants. That could be neat. Maybe I'll throw that into 1.1.

That said, a clever programmer might have snuck in a way to get illegal characters into the adventure to allow people to get further into the sewers. For testing. At some point I will let the cat out of the bag so people can hack there way through the adventure and test the parts you're unlikely to reach without help.

Thanks for the Bears/Fuller/Brant catch. I'm surprised, but I know where to look.

Edit: Bears/Fuller/Brant is fixed in the code, so it will be correct in the next version.

Last edited by andreww; 05-16-2019 at 08:06 PM.
andreww is offline   Reply With Quote