View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 01:29 PM   #18
Magesmiley

Default Re: 43's Truck Stop: When Designs Go South...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
The errata for combat showcase is also in the errata section of the website (in case you don't have ADQ 7-1). Most require minor tweaks, but a few require extensive overhauls.

I may have to dust off my combat showcase and redraft the designs.

It's almost like playing the game ;)

Edit:
But it's like picking at scabs ;(
I was hoping the Navigator was legal as there is no mention of it in the errata (and this one won the 2036 championships).
I presume they were using the "personal equipment doesn't count against vehicle weight" interpretation as there is only 3lb spare for all that stuff. Not the way I play it, but at least that is a thing. Obviously that AV ammo rifle is illegal now though so the personal equipment needs refiguring.

However I make it $3960 over the ticket price before the personal equipment is taken into account (I note the PE cost is listed separately).

I can't see any reason unless not all RL rounds were LG (or the LG cost was only paid per RL not per round as it should have been - but that brings the cost too low).

I've crunched numbers on the Navigator a few times over the years.

First off, the weight instead of grenade-equivalent rules for hand weapons didn't exist back then. It was several years before that option came into existence.

By my calculations, it weighs in at $165 over budget, but is otherwise legal. (Drop the rifle load to 13 and it becomes legal for the division in the era it was created in).

Obviously the rules have changed since then. And some changes could be made to take advantage of newer gear.

The super PP could become a large PP with superconductors. Net gain 1 space, 200 lbs. Top speed drops to 90.

The Hi Res computer could become a hi-res SWC. Net gain $1500.

Passengers are no longer allowed, fortunately the PP change gives the space to convert the passenger to a gunner. Net loss 1 space.

AV ammo is no longer allowed. Drop the rifle. Net gain $620.

Give the gunner an Heavy AV rifle with a targeting scope and an extended clip. Net loss $1580.

Use weight instead of GE: Net loss: 116 lbs.

Cost reduction from printed design: $375 (counting the overage amount).
Weight reduction from printed design: 84 lbs.
Top speed reduced to 90.
PP only has 10 DP.
2nd crewmember is now legal and has a legal hand weapon which does more damage than the rifle, with the same to hit roll.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote