View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
zoncxs

Default Re: [ooc] the great black hills gold rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
chimchim, I'll post what I've got, and you can let me know if you think it's going to be problematic. His only response is not to throw dynamite at things, but he is kind of like the proverbial man with a hammer where every problem begins to look like a nail....if it can be solved with explosives, that's the tack he'll take.

Jebediah Oxard, Jeb to his friends, was born in South Carolina in 1930 to a cartwright and his wife. Jeb became fascinated by fireworks the first time he saw one go off as a boy, and was determined to learn how to do the same. When the Civil War began, he volunteered to fight for the Union, and also volunteered for the dangerous job of handling explosives, all the better to learn his chosen trade. He worked as a combat engineer during the war, and since then primarily worked for prospectors and miners. Jeb has not always stayed on the right side of the law, and smuggled dynamite when it was illegal.

He is at best an indifferent prospector, but he sees the gold rush as the best opportunity around to practice his craft. His best friend is his mule, Henry, who faithfully lugs around his gear and is a good listener (would it be better to buy Henry as Signature Gear or an Ally?).

Attributes: ST 11 [10]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 11 [10]

Secondary Characteristics: Damage 1d-1/1d+1; BL 24 lbs.; HP 11 [0]; Per 13 [0]; Will 13 [0]; FT 11 [0]; Basic Speed 6.0 [5]; Basic Move 6 [0].

Advantages: Absolute Timing [2]; Enhanced Dodge (Dive for Cover) 3 [15]; Gizmos 1 [5].

Perks: Dabbler (Prospecting, Survival (Mountain), 2 others) [1]; One-Task Wonder (Chemistry defaults to full IQ when concocting incendiaries) [1]; Schtick (Can strike a flame anywhere) [1].

I'm going to have to finish the write-up tomorrow. Any limit on skill levels? I was hoping to take Explosives (Demolitions) at a high level i.e. (IQ+6) [24]-19. This gives him Engineer (Combat) and Engineer (Mining) both at IQ as a default, and Explosives (EOD) and Explosives (Fireworks) at IQ+2. Other skills will include Animal Handling (Equines), Guns, Smuggling, Streetwise, Lockpicking, Scrounging, Soldier, Throwing, Traps.
time traveler? ^,^
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote