View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #9
Jaware

Default Re: Thoughts on building/executing Technical grappling scenerio with Tentacles.

Yeah, I used TG7s process of determining grip st for multiple appendages.

I just cant find a way to make the extra arms efficient for their cost/usefulness.

Having Multiple arms is either Straight Useless. or Super OP. There is no in between.

Like you said, doubling 0 doesn't do anything.

and the only thing worse than doubling 0 is paying some 20-30 Character Points and then 5 for Constriction attack add on to double 0

Personally I would see a decent tentacle grapple putting a good 1d to 1d+2 Control on some poor sap. With that number being a Very Good grip, But not an impossible to escape grip.

That number isn't impossible to break out of by either skilled or strong adventurers, but it is a dangerous grab.average 3-5 CP is quite a bit from a single grab. Normal people would be in quite the pickle.

How I would treat the brain eating part would be just a simple bite. Probably from a Large beak. and probably some sort of armor divisor. Since helmets stack so much dr on the skull anyway.

Doing so would allow them to spend the CP to reduce the hit location penalty down to the grappling penalty as per TG5. if damage injury gets dealt to the brain the *4 damage multiplier would very much simulate the "Instant Death" from having ones brain removed. If just because they can choose to hold their grapple and "Worry" dealing straight damage again. It wouldn't take just a turn or two before Knockdown/Stunning/Grapple Penalties/Shock turns the tide of the fight drastically in the mind flayers favor. And that's without a choke hold as well.
Jaware is offline   Reply With Quote