View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
MatthewVilter

Default Re: [High-Tech] Recoil between shots/bursts for shotguns and High-Cyclic Controlled B

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexington View Post
One possible way to do it is like this:
When you set a gun to HCCB is has Rcl 2. Determine if you will hit normally.
If you hit roll to see how much of the burst hits. Treat this as another attack made with Skill 22+Acc (whether you aimed or not) modified only by Range and SM and with Rcl 1.
This at least sounds like it should be quite realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
That's not a bad solution, but honestly, I don't mind just using Rcl 1 to simulate the effects of HCCB. I just don't like that you also get the normal RoF bonus to hit. If you treat 3 HCCBs in a second as 3 shots, that's a RoF bonus of 0 instead of +2 for 9 shots. Not a bad trade off with guns -- you can either choose HCCB setting for Rcl 1 on up to 9 shots but no RoF bonus OR you can fire at the weapon's non-HCCB ROF, have Rcl 2 and get the normal RoF bonus.
This seems like a pretty effective game mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
I care more about the game mechanical choices than I do the realism level here. GURPS is already 1x10^5 more realistic than any other system I've actually played, so if I defer somewhat to gamism every so often, no skin off my teeth!
I really just want something that is quick to explain and at least symbolically represents reality. :)

Any thoughts on how this problem applies to shotguns?
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote