View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #13
jacobmuller

Default Re: Racial Template or Chimera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie T View Post
So Jacob and Phantasm - did you two start from human -> dog or dog -> human for the templates?

I'm trying to see how other, more experienced GURPS GMs tackle thought exercises like this so I really do appreciate the stats, but am more interested in the process of how you got there. If that makes sense?
I used Biotech and from the stand point of what parts of the dogs would make it into the chimera. I even used bodyweight for ST guidelines.
I altered and added based on ideas I picked up from the forum/ other GURPS books. Eg digitigrade granting +1 move; semi-upright for enhanced movement but loss of hand use during.

I wouldn't do it that detailed again. The basic set advice is a good guideline. I mean, the basic cat people have something like two advantages and extra DX. The rest of the unspecified details is flavouring.

Have you seen GURPS Albedo? A lot of anthropomorphics in one place and very little beyond clare name to distinguish.

But each of us has our own concept of what makes a dogman a dogman not a manman :/
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote