View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #38
Qoltar
Pike's Pique

Default Re: [Star Trek] Klingon Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by borithan View Post

Basically Intolerance seems a reasonable trait for a proper Klingon Warrior, even if it isn't exhibited by Worf.
I don't agree.

I don't really see it as intolerance - trying to think of a better name or term.
Something that means 'low tolerance for those that don't even attempt a code of honor'.

For example:
Quark gained Gowron's respect when he stood up to D'Ghor and shamed him in the Great Hall. Gowron got a 'kick' out of the Ferengi showing an unexpected spine in the situation.

Captain Picard was treated with regard and high respect by at least 3 or 4 Klingons that weren't Worf. Remember Worf's brother Kurn suddenly changed his mind about trying caviar when he heard it was one of Picard's favorite dishes.

The Klingon chef/restaurant owner on Deep Space Nine was always impressed with non-Klingons that could speak the language or knew a bit about Klingon music.

Heck, the Klingons on the IKC Pagh were both impressed and relieved to see that Riker had a sense of humor.

So.....after seeing SO many Klingon-oriented episodes repeatedly over the years (the 'curse' of having been in a Klingon-oriented fan club for over 10 years for a brief while) the conclusion I came to was that Klingons respect those 'non-Klingons' who can keep up with them as they party or show some kind of respect for Klingon culture. Truthfully thats a trrait thats common to many human sub-cultures today.

After second thought - maybe all Klingons should get a version of Pride or Proud (of Klingon culture/society)

- Ed C.
You can't take the sky from me....

A vote for charity: http://s3.silent-tower.org/TheKlingonVotes/index.html
Qoltar is offline   Reply With Quote