View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
Cheese8242

Default Re: Faster play rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMan View Post
EXACTLY! Hence the creation of this thread. To allow the game to be played so that 1 person CAN win. I have listed rules here to give fewer player bashing DxM cards, fewer moves per turn, and extra treasure (player boosters) for killing own monsters.

I played a 3 player game with 2 friends the other day, we played with all the normal rules but only 2 moves. We started at 7:00 pm. At 12:30 am (on a wednesday) we called it quits. We were all at level 10 (well back and forth between 9 and 10, as we kept getting killed in the boss fights) , and nobody could win because the other 2 players kept getting so many DxM cards that it was impossible to kill th boss.

It sucked the fun out of the game. There are alot of people who bash Munchkin quest for this very reason. I like the game, and my friends (this was there first time playing) said it started out fun, and they would give it another chance if we could reduce the number of DxM cards.
It just seems your need to play cutthroat is what is sucking the fun out of the game. Like I said in my last post, I played a 6 player game with out changing any rules at all with 5 completely new players and the game still ended around 4 hours. And every single person that played had a blast, it wasn't any less fun because two people won the game together. But hey, if changing some rules would make the game more fun for you and your group then by all means go for it.

But please don't say the game is to long and the fun gets sucked out of it, when you yourself are saying you ignore the one rule in the game that would fix both of those problems. That's not quite fair to the game.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote