Thread: Silly Cars
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 04:14 PM   #65
swordtart

Default Re: Silly Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
$250 for every rocket ($200 for the LGL, and $50 for the link [UACFH p. 45])
You link the weapon, not each round of ammunition. The original Strafe's VFRPs were all laser guided. The targeting computer comment was on the assumption you didn't bother laser guiding. If you have the laser guidance you need a targeting computer just to match my accuracy (targeting computers are only a wash if you start at the same point). If I buy an HRSWC, you are forced to buy a Cyberlink to obtain the same to hit number - not at all equivalent.

You can certainly add 4 space EWPs but your extra MG costs and weighs far more than my extra magazine. It's not so much the extra cost of explosive ammo as such (it's a helo so spendy anyway) it is the extra weight. Since you added SC & PCs so I am assuming you found the weight was becoming a problem, adding another 250lb per gun is going to be an issue. For my 240lb I double the magazine. You add 1/3 to your firepower, which is still only 2/3rds of mine.

As I said each of your quads would weigh over 350lb more than the VFRP + extra magazine. Another 1000lb will put further constraint on your armour if you plan on keeping as much else of the Strafe as the original (why the hell it bothers with CBs is beyond me (I guess they had 6 cargo spaces they felt they HAD to use up).

If I read your numbers correctly your 12 MG version is $141K. The book Strafe (with laser guidance) is only $134K by my calculations (I think the VG2 price is based on the older VFRP price as I couldn't get it to add up to the $119K quoted). With the 7K difference I have lots of options.

Going RR (or RL) is another kettle of fish. It's not the helo you could have put up, it's the one you did that we are discussing. Happy to see an alternative, but I can't really comment on the viability of a design that hasn't been presented.

Last edited by swordtart; 09-24-2021 at 04:21 PM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote