View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 10:08 AM   #1
Bzro

Default Starting a Campaign, help

Hello everyone, completely new GM here!

I've actually managed several D&D campaigns, but am just starting to put together my first GURPS one. Because I wanted to keep things simple and straightforward, I decided to go with the ever popular Nazi Wizards, a la Reich 5 and Wolfenstein (the inclusion of Mecha-Hitler is still undecided at this point).
For story, look in the spoiler.
Spoiler:  

TL;DR
The planet is one step away from being dominated by Nazis, and this is the last good chance to stop them.

The players will be a resistance cell, possibly in France (I've been playing a lot of Saboteur lately). Different nationalities will have different, mostly social traits. Americans, for example, are airdropped troops that have been cut off, and get a big negative social modifier for sticking out, but real military training and more starting cash to represent their rare American equipment. There will be plenty of murder, espionage, bribery, etc.

The problem I'm having is that I have no idea how to actually start the campaign. All I really have is stats for Nazi MPs and a plan for an early game mission to derail a German supply train, and the players being exposed to the secret cargo of Nazi Wizardry. Does anyone have any experience with starting rebellion/resistance campaigns? Like, having one or more of the characters being rescued or recruited by the resistance or something?
Bzro is offline   Reply With Quote