View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 09:08 PM   #1600
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

It is odd that you are ruling that traits 16+ are superhuman in a supers setting (especially in a Marvel setting) because it produces significant structural disadvantages for non-super characters when compared to superhuman characters. When you are talking about 500+ CP characters, it paradoxically makes characters less plausible to have them with a half dozen talents (plus cinematic abilities like Enhanced Defenses, which are technically not legal without powers or cinematic advantages like Trained by a Master). That is the reason why I gave her DX 20 and HT 20, because that is legal by RAW for non-superhumans without cinematic advantages, unlike Enhanced Dodge and Enhanced Parry.

As for the Move, I think that I would concur with increasing Move! beyond 15, especially if DX remains at 15. Since you have to drop Enhanced Dodge 2 and Enhanced Parry 2 to make the character legal by RAW, you have 50 extra CP, which could be used to increase Move to DX+4. With getting rid of Natural Athlete and Superior Equilibriception, you could improve it to DX+9 without issue.

Alternatively, you could give her Fist! at DX+9 instead of Move! at DX+9. It would allow you to replace Acrobatics and Jumping in combat situations, as well as Judo, Karate, Staff, and Wrestling, giving you 69 extra CP (with the addition of the 2 CP leftover from dropping the Enhanced Defenses, I would suggest purchasing Basic Speed +1.50 and Trained by a Master). That would leave you with 11 CP.

At that point, Kim has a Dodge 13 (9 (Basic Speed 9.00) + 1 (Combat Reflexes) + 3) and Parry 16 (12 (Fist!-24/2) + 1 (Combat Reflexes) + 3). She also benefits from every cinematic skill and technique related to unarmed combat because of Trained by a Master and Fist! at DX+9. Of course, this might make her too capable, but that is always a risk with a 750+ CP character.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote