View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 06:42 PM   #3
Rasna

Default Re: Defensive Attack and Unready weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
I think you may have confused Unready and Unbalanced. Any weapon can become Unready, some after any attack, some if you don't have enough strength, some because they were attacked or hit, and so on. Unready is a state, not an intrinsic quality.

It's more correct to say that Unbalanced weapons pretty much always become Unready weapons after use.

So if a weapon in Unready (for any reason) it can't be used for anything (that's what it means to be Unready - it's not ready for use) and you must spend a turn to ready it (or use some ability to do it as a free action if applicable).

I hope I've clarified this, and not made it more confusing!
Actually I'm referring to specific classes of weapons that fall under the skills Two-Handed Axe/Mace and Polearm. Weapons like Maul, Great Axe, Oar and polearms with Reach 3 or more. All of them are unbalanced (of course!) but they also become unready after an attack. So for "Unready" weapons I'm referring not to any weapon in an unready state, but to these specific melee weapons that are unbalanced and always become unready after an attack.
Rasna is offline   Reply With Quote