View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
Mister Negative

Default Re: Wealthy Elven Bards and the Bow of Infinite Money

Nothing, I would argue, at least in the rules.

However, I don't think there's anything in the rules that says the GM has to make all specialty items (like Elven bows) available all the time, nor do I think think there's anything in the rules that says that GMs must provide a buyer for every item.

RAW does tell you how much you are able to buy and sell items for in Town, but doesn't specifically say that you CAN do so.

On 96 of Adventurers, it specifically calls out that the GM can make anything cheaper, more expensive, or just unavailable, either in a new town or in subsequent visits to the same town.

So, running RAW, you could easily let a Elven Bard start with an Elven composite bow, and sell it in the same town for a nice profit. Then, that might be the only Elven composite bow in town to buy, and it's not in the hands of a fellow elf, so he doesn't get a discount on it (or, RAW, he does, but the seller ups the base price, which is a RAW option). So he can pull this trick once in the town.

Also using RAW, he could simply be unable to find a buyer for the bow right now.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Mister Negative is offline   Reply With Quote