View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 08:13 PM   #10
General Lee

Default Re: Immediate Action Bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKost View Post
What's the average, the thing that most people more commonly use?

If the usual is to have the pretty guns, then the ugly weapons give a penalty.

If however the "normal" are the guns without all that funky stuff, then the funky stuff provides a bonus.

That is, it depends on YOUR setting.

If we were to take it for real life, I'd say it's a bonus, since most weapons do not have that.

However, in a matter of a few years this idea could vastly popularize (due to marketing for example), to the point that ALL weapons made thereafter would have, thus older weapons without those features would actually give a penalty.

That's a bit of a chicken-egg question you got there. Very good.
Some metaphysical considerations.

It was not my intention to formulate this slippery slope question, or chiken-egg question, but it come out that way...

The way you put it is a really strong question of Point Of View of the setting to relate different weapons systems or platforms.

But, as Sir_Pudding, Anthony and Pursuivant put it on their posts, its more something that already exists in the system, like Wepon Bond or Familiarity Modifiers, than something that only apply to the specific role of immediate action.

Maybe, I would use the Quality bonus (+1 for Fine Reliable/ +2 for Very Fine Reliable) for Immediate Action role, as well.

EDIT: From Brazil? Cool. I'm living in Rio de Janeiro.

Last edited by General Lee; 05-26-2022 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Comments
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote