View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 11:40 AM   #33
Prince Charon

Default Re: [Supers] A More Scientific Golden Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Sorry, too much obscure political stuff for an American even one with a Poli Sci degree who could have named most of the Homeline PMs for the period. I also didn't recognize many of your "new" names after Lord Greystoke.
MacAdder and Blackadder are references to a British comedy series, though that setting isn't just being dropped in (treat Blackadder Goes Forth as being a bit more similar to in-universe historical events in WWI than Dad's Army is to historical Home Guard units, with the other series often being much further from the truth than that). When I'm more awake, I'll go back and edit in links to the articles on RL British politicians, which I intended to do previously, but forgot (the article does already link to a list of British governments, but that probably doesn't help a lot).

EDIT: I've done some editing to the article, including adding a sentence that I'd meant to include earlier but forgotten. Still needs more links, but I'm tired, so they'll be added later.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 07-11-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Prince Charon is online now   Reply With Quote