View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #7
TippetsTX

Default Re: Bestiary of Cidri

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
The book itself should contain the largest, broadest range of creatures you can stomach creating. It sounds like you have some interesting concepts in mind re. organization and presentation, but it is also important to remember that a game book is only as good as its at-table usefulness. People want monster manuals because they use them as a resource to prepare settings and run adventures. Basically, don't talk yourself out of making a good monster manual in order to satisfy an aesthetic idea about how it should look or how the fluff text should come across.
I second this! Please don't draw the line at non-sentient creatures. There are too many great options for intelligent monsters and TBH, there's a great need for more of them in order to properly challenge more experienced characters. Plus, I think any bestiary effort needs to include monster-focused talents to provide GMs with adaptive options (and such talents would only be applicable for IQ 8+ creatures).

I'd also like to see entries include brief tactical encounter details like those hcobb has suggested elsewhere.

Last edited by TippetsTX; 02-21-2019 at 11:09 AM.
TippetsTX is offline   Reply With Quote